I, Michael Kerr, am a Green Party candidate for the U.S. Congress this November! My district is the new CA 10th District (mostly Contra Costa County, just East of SF). I have just a single corporate incumbent Democratic opponent this November election. With your help, I actually have a pathway and reasonable chance to win this election!
I thank those who have already contributed to my campaign and the nearly 21,528 voters who supported me in the June primary. I have a pathway to win this election and become the first Green Party Congressperson, but I really need your support and financial backing!
I intend to be a bullhorn on issues that corporate politicians and media don’t want you to either know or talk about. You may not always agree with me on every issue, but as a real progressive, I do try to base my opinions on serious research and knowledge! However, I will also always strive to keep an open critical mind to additional facts and information as they become available to me! I am dedicated to making the world a better place for everyone and for all living things for the 7 generations that follow.
I have a clear pathway to win this election with just a little financial support from you and others. My pathway involves the simple fact that a vote for me does not upset any political balance as I will caucus with the Democrat Party. Also, a vote for me is a vote against the status quo at a time when most people are upset with the situation in America! My district is about 50% Democrat, 25% Republican and 25% Independent and Other’
- For the 25% of Republicans: without any Republican on the ballot, I am a non-Democrat who will be as critical of Democrats as I am of Republicans.
- For the 50% of Democrats: I will caucus with the Democratic Party and will vote progressive similar to my Democratic opponent in most cases. However, I will do more than my opponent who just votes on failed progressive issues while remaining publicly silent in deference to corporate Democratic Party leadership! I will have NO deference but will be a very active bullhorn speaking out loudly on those progressive issues.
- For the 25% Independents, Greens, and those who seldom vote: I offer an opportunity to have a unique outspoken independent progressive voice in Congress!
But I need just a little of your help if I am to reach District 10 voters and establish myself as a viable candidate in the November election.
I need about $16,000 to fully fund my campaign and have an opportunity to win this election becoming the first U.S. Green Party House of Representative. I have mostly borrowed money so far to get started. The funds that I need are a tiny fraction of the cost of most other campaigns trying to be viable and win.
Here are my costs:
- Candidate Filing Fee: $1,740.00
- Misc. costs: office, mailings, website, gas: $500
- 30,000 Brochures for door-to-door precinct walking and mailing: $4000 (see flier below)
- A ballot statement in the county voter booklet that would reach every voter: $9,500
The BALLOT STATEMENT submission DEADLINE is AUGUST 12! So, if I am going to have a ballot statement, I will need your financial help or a financial pledge right away! If everyone getting this message contributed an average of $25, I could be fully funded to win this election.
I thank you in advance as I will appreciate any support and help you can give me.
My campaign is issue and information oriented, and my website is very informative, so please go to www.CreatingBetterWorld.org. It is not your typical campaign website.
Donate here! Or from my campaign website!
With Peace, Justice, Human Rights and Mother Earth,
Michael E. Kerr