By now, you know that the United States Supreme Court has overturned Roe v. Wade.
Abortion instantly became, or will likely soon become, illegal or *severely* restricted in 24 states — nearly half the country!
Senator Elizabeth Warren and others in Congress are urging President Joe Biden to do everything in his power to protect access to reproductive health services.
President Biden could take these steps (among others):
- Provide federal support — such as travel vouchers and child care — to those who must now travel outside of their home state for abortion care.
- Use federal property and resources to provide reproductive health services in states where abortion is or becomes illegal.
- Consider giving federal employees ample paid time off to access abortion care and reimbursement for related expenses.
- Direct federal agencies to make information about medication abortion more accessible and increase access to the treatment.
The Supreme Court’s ruling has triggered a denial of health care to women and pregnant people across the nation. President Biden must do everything in his power to mitigate this damage and to protect access to abortion care.
Join Public Citizen and Elizabeth Warren in a message to President Biden:
Please use the full force of your office to protect access to reproductive health care. This includes, but is not limited to: providing federal support to those now forced to travel out of state for abortion care; using federal property to provide reproductive health services in states where abortion is or becomes illegal; giving federal employees paid time off and reimbursing their expenses for abortion care; and increasing access to medication abortion.
Add your name now.
Thank you for taking action.
– Robert Weissman, President of Public Citizen